....yo. Yo-yo. I'm back to that. Today, I was having a lax day (and it was beautiful weather), so I put 2 and 2 together and decided to take the dogs to the Tulsa Bark Park. While enjoying watching my nearly 2 year old corgi act so well, and chasing around my 4 1/2 month old corgi who nips at people/animals, I missed a call from a number I didn't know. They left a voicemail, so I listened to it. It was from someone who works at the construction company that I just *knew* would hire me. He started out saying who he was, who he worked for, and then proceeded to tell me that he had talked to Sue (my contact there) and she said that if she was going to hire someone it would have been me. Gee whiz, THANKS. It's great to know that I can't even "win" a job, even when I'm first in line. AWESOME SELF-ESTEEM BOOSTER. Anyway, that's not the important part, he said that he has a friend who has a diesel company (WTF does that mean?) who is in need of an office manager. He then told me to call if I was interested. I have not called yet, because I didn't get home and settled until after 6, and I don't believe in calling about a job outside of office hours. I'll probably call him at about 10 tomorrow morning and see what this all means. I really don't want to get my hopes up for another "sure thing" and get screwed over again. This sounds like I'm really bitter at the construction company; I'm not. It just hurts to know that I was first in line and the job "closed". Well, maybe a job will come out of it. I wonder how well Phaux is going to like that....YIKES.
Tabitha
No comments:
Post a Comment