We'll start with job hunt news: I applied for a receptionist-esque job on Monday (along w/ a couple others, I think) and on Tuesday I get an e-mail response asking for my "salary history." Well, I looked up what "salary history" is and how it should look, made it, and e-mailed it back to this company. Actually, since I've never been salary, I called it my "hourly wage history." Haha. Anyway, she e-mails me back from that, in a few minutes, and asks if I can come in for an interview in 2 hours. Ummm...no. My nephew and niece (to be) were already on their way over for us to go eat and then go to an eye doctor appointment. She said if I couldn't make it in Tuesday, then I could just come in today (Wednesday) at 10am. Great, I'll be there.
Problem: This is my first big girl interview in over a year and I no longer fit into my interview gear. I will need a new outfit. So, I got some slacks, two button-up tops (one very formal, the other kinda questionable, but I LOVED it...), and some new close-toed, high heeled shoes. Just for the record, I got the originally $40 slacks for $15 and the $50 shoes for $15! No mention of the shirts.... :^P
So, I go in for the interview and apparently people are still asking questions like, "Name a single event from your last job that you felt was unfair, and how you handled it." Are you freaking serious? BS, BS, BS, BS. I had forgotten to even get those answers ready. Overall, I thought the interview went well and I THOUGHT she said that I would have a second interview with the big boss tomorrow, and that I would have an e-mail asking what time would be best for me to come in tomorrow by this afternoon. I never got an e-mail and I'm not sure what that means. Maybe I don't have a second interview. At this point, it would be kinda nice not to because I have stuff I need to do around the apartment. Ah well. We'll find out. So that's where I am in the job market.
Last Sunday, Jon and I checked out The Stokely Event Center. We loved it a lot. The price is not quite to die for, but I did get them down an extra $200 if we pay in full. Jon and I may have to start giving plasma or something to cover costs. :^P We'll see what happens.
On the day I bought my big girl interview outfit, I stopped in over at Michael's to get some more wedding ideas. I redid the album that I keep referring you guys back to, but the Michael's pictures are in there. I made the album a little more coherent, starting with the venues, then decorations, then bridal ideas, then bridesmaidal (ha...new word) ideas, then the last picture is a picture idea. The Michael's ideas are basically putting shredded metallics or paper in the record bowls, or maybe curling ribbon. and then I love the idea of confetti, but The Stokely doesn't allow confetti. I'll find a way around this. Maybe I'll just glue the confetti to something. I also had the idea of wrapping paper as tablecloths (so I guess that would be table paper????). I could just buy green and blue tubes of wrapping paper and then either allow guests to write on them or glue the confetti to them. maybe both. :^P
OH YEAH, on another side note, I was ready a little early for the interview, and I had a note in my mailbox that I had a package at a postal center 4 miles away (which was across the street from the interview place!), so I decided that I would get my package before the interview. I go inside and find out that my "package" was a phone book. Apparently my apartment complex got tired of picking up phonebooks, so they started making the post office put in notices that only said "PB" on it. I was pretty freaking ticked off. Luckily I was going to be in the area any way. That's probably the only reason that I did not cause a scene.............................................................................................Okay, I wouldn't cause a scene, but I would have asked for names and numbers to call if I weren't on my way to an interview.
OH YEAH x 2! I forgot to mention that I'm super duper crazy excited that my first roommate Ashley is coming up to visit me for Valentine's weekend! I love my friends! Happy early Valentine's Day to all!
Tabitha
No comments:
Post a Comment