Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fingers still crossed

So, I have found another possible wedding venue that I'm excited about: Stokely Event Center. I think if we combine that with the Tulsa Little Theatre, it will be an awesome wedding that is fitting of Jon and I. I am still in the early "puppy love" stage, though, so we will see what prices have to say about this. One last face-hurting smile, though....:D


I know what you're probably thinking. "You said that the Tulsa Little Theatre was off the market for you, though, right?" It's true. I said that. But in looking for other Wedding Ceremony venues, I'm realizing that it's all about the initial reaction. I was IN LOVE with the Tulsa Little Theatre, even while looking at it. I went to see The Roxy this past weekend. It was so dull, and borderline nasty. I wouldn't want to put my usual clothes on in that dressing room, much less my wedding dress! I was not excited in the least bit to see it. And, of course, neither was Jon. Plus, I think most importantly, I wasn't even excited to be in Muskogee. I haven't ever held any heartfelt memories for Muskogee, and I never will. I did, however, find myself in a bit of a quandary this past weekend, up until I found the Stokely Event Center. I didn't like The Roxy, but I did like this little place in Muskogee called the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame Museum that was an old train depot transformed into a rental space. I was starting to wonder if I was going to have to have people drive from the ceremony in Tulsa to the Reception in Muskogee... But now I have the Stokely to concentrate on. We'll see where I am in another week. Hahaha.


Now, onward to the job situation: I have until tomorrow to find out if I got the job I wrote about in my previous blog. My fingers are still crossed, but I do know that it's not a done deal. I will be crazy excited if I get the call tomorrow telling me I'm in, but if I don't, I don't think I will have a major breakdown. I'm past that. I still have to put in for 2 jobs / week, and now I'm starting to FINALLY get paid. Life will go on. In fact, if I don't get this job, maybe I should take it as a sign to get away from the lumber business. I'm incredibly upbeat right now, but usually something will come along and kick my legs out from under me. :) Ah well. If life were great all the time, I would get bored.

Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment