As you may or may not know, unemployment requires that you do 2 job searches a week in order to collect unemployment checks. Well, for this week, I did one on Sunday or Monday and another a few days ago, so I was debating applying for another one "in person." I'm glad I talked myself into going to the in person one. It was for a construction company in Broken Arrow and the lady was very impressed by my resumé and it looks hopeful. It seemed like a very nice atmosphere in there, and the lady who I talked to was nice. It's for 40 hrs./wk (7:30am-4:30pm), which is better than the vet tech job, if you recall. I also like that I absolutely know that I can do this job because I'm pretty sure I will be doing the same thing there as I was at my old job except, oh yeah.......for $2 MORE / HR.!!!!!!!!!......STARTING PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a "Heck yes!"??? Anyway, I was just throwing in that I'm excited about it and it's pretty much gonna break my heart if I don't get it because how many other girls have backgrounds in the lumber business?!?! I mean, come on!
Okay, calming down now...I have an appointment to go see The Roxy Theatre in Muskogee on Monday to see if it will work as a wedding ceremony venue. If it will work, then I already know of a reception venue to use (Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame, also in Muskogee), so I will book those and we can move forward with all of the other wedding details. Speaking of wedding details, before I set "November 7, 2009" in stone, the other contender was "February 7, 2009." THAT IS ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW! I could not be happier that I decided to go with November. I would be losing my mind freaking out right now if I was unemployed, on the job hunt, and one month from my wedding (from the time I got laid off)! I've already been freaking out with wedding things not even being a huge factor.
I guess I haven't really added my most recent thoughts about The Tulsa Little Theatre lately...I really liked it, how quirky it was, but it's just not right. I don't want to have to walk outside to get to the back of the auditorium for my big entrance. I don't want to get dressed in a room that has a glass wall that is shared with the entire auditorium (There's a curtain-esque thing over it, but still...I know my luck!). I don't want to pay nearly $1000 for only ONE of my wedding venues. Oh yeah, and I was reading online that it's haunted. Kinda freaky!!!!
So, that's all of it for now. I will keep all updated!
Tabitha
No comments:
Post a Comment