My husband's birthday was October 20th and so on October 14th, I set out to get him a birthday gift. I knew the perfect gift:
 |
| The New iPad |
Thanks to Best Buy and their 18-month no interest, same-as-cash payment plan, I was super wife this year. The iPad came to a good home. It joins a Mac Mini, a Macbook Pro, an iPod Touch, an iPhone 4, and 1 or 2 older, now unused Mac laptops (I think before they called them Macbooks...don't ask me...I'm not an Apple girl...).
 |
| He likes it. :^) |
Innocently enough, I thought I would check in on the new Samsung Galaxy S3, seeing as my Samsung Galaxy S1 was acting shady. What happens next, is more than a coincidence. Best Buy was having a ONE DAY ONLY sale on JUST THE S3 for HALF OFF. 50% off. I only paid half price. How could I say no??? They only had white and blue to pick from, so I went with Blue.
 |
| Pebble Blue. |
 |
| And I slapped a case on it. The least ridiculous one I could find at the time. |
It came to a good Samily, too. I've got my Samsung laptop, my Galaxy S1/Captivate, and the Impression.
This phone...wow. I thought I loved my S1, but the S3 fills my heart even moreso. I have only found one flaw so far...I can't transfer all of my files (read: games) from my S1 to my S3 due to reading incompatabilities. This bummed me out at first, but I have decided to keep the S1 alive for my games. ;^) Other than this one con, I only have pros.
I can take screenshots.
 |
| Shot of my screen! What a concept! |
Yes, the iPhone has been on top of this for awhile now and I am so stoked that Android picked it up. Through this screenshot, you can also see some other fancynesses I tout. The bottom row is customizable on this one! I got to put the text message program I use in that row rather than the stock one that sucks. :^) It's called GO SMS PRO and allows full customization of your text messages, but also lets you customize some other things on your phone like ringtones and led light colors for text messages - even different colors for certain texters (my husband's texts light up green, for example, so I know it was a text from him even if I missed the phone lighting up to tell me so). I also brought over an app from S1 called "Elixir" to get as many icons as possible on my homescreen. The "to-do" list app is called "Task List" that can keep several different lists running and display as a widget on your homescreen. I always have a "to-do" list going and a "to get" list running. Very handy to remind you of things you need to do every single time you check your phone and your grocery list is right on your phone...no more leaving it at home when you go to get stuff. Boom. Everything else is pretty standard, but I do want to plug SoundHound (the burnt orange stylized "S" on the lighter orange background) for being that "phone-a-friend" several times. A song comes on the radio and you want to know its title or singer so you can buy it...hit that icon, it listens for a minute, then tells you. Also a great argument ender. ;^) I mean...if you know anybody who argues about stuff like that...Oh, and another necessary app..."Apps Organizer." It allows you to make folders to put all of your apps into categories so you can find them quicker. I believe iPhone does this, too, and I learned about this app from my S1, but I thought it was still worth the mention. And my final plug, I promise, is Cashflow. It's my checkbook for several different accounts on my phone, so I keep track of the finances much better. Also, it is only on my phone and doesn't take my financial info onto the Internet. Oh, I lied. DROPBOX. I use this so much that I forgot about how amazing it is. It is a storage folder on the internet that you can put files into and they are accessible from your phone, all of your home computers, and actually any computer with an internet connection. It's your digital flash drive with no hardware.
Something I love that you can't get from my homescreen: incognito mode on internet searches. You can hit a button when you open up your internet browser that means your searches won't be saved. Your husband can't accidentally stumble upon the birthday present you were researching to buy for him.
Anyway, that's a lot for now, so I'll let that all soak in. ;^)
No comments:
Post a Comment