Further solidifying my spot in utter weirdness, I like the sound of snoring. It's soothing. Just like the sound of trains (I lived one block away from the tracks growing up, so it was embrace it or go insane.) for me. Further introduction to my sleeping habits: I cannot sleep in utter silence. It is maddening to me. I usually sleep with at least one fan on and as many as 3. With that being said, I feel somewhat honored when I hear snoring. To me it signifies a deep trust. You wouldn't sleep around your enemies. You wouldn't even take a moment to "rest your eyes" knowing the office snitch could stumble by at any time. But, when you're at home/with those you trust, there are no emotional walls. You are at your most vulnerable. And that's why I like snoring. To be trusted with someone's vulnerability for hours on end is quite a responsibility. Now I feel silly for writing this, but I really feel this way, so I'm leaving it.
I would give anything to feel comforted by snoring...ANYHTING!! Luckily, we sleep with fans for noise too, and the built in "new-mom-wakes-up-at-the-sound-of-a-fly-flying-by" thing is wearing off now that my child sleeps all night, so the snoring tolerance is getting better again for me :)
ReplyDeleteThat is an interesting and positive take on it though. The vulnerability thing...that's true - I never thought of it that way!
this is utterly charming. love it!
ReplyDeleteI have to have a fan running, too. Prefer no snoring, though. -- Aunt Georgia 7-14-12
ReplyDelete