Sunday, January 1, 2012

The End of 2011

December 24th - Fort Gibson Christmas and saw my dad, too.  Mixed things up a little by watching a Christmas movie.

December 25th - Jon's parents came over for dinner and we played a board game.  This marked the first time the kitchen in our house had been truly cooked in.

December 26th - Jon and I had lunch with a lady he has worked for and other guests.  Afterward, we decided to go look at cars.  We checked out the Toyota FJ first and then went to Mazda to look at a Mini Cooper they had there that Jon had seen a few days prior.  Without deciding yet, we bring this home overnight:

His name is Toby.

We meet with them the next day at 1pm to either hand over the keys or sign the papers.  Jon's dad leaves the next day to go to Montana and pick up a truck he bought, so we took him to pick up Jon's mom at work.  This is where we learned that no one can sit behind Jon when he is driving.  I had to sit Indian-style (And I'm Indian, so don't cry PC on me...).  We stay up much of the night crunching numbers and seeing if we can afford the numbers we were given on this car.

December 27th: The paperwork is signed and we officially own this car.  2007 Mini Cooper S (Turbo).  Pretty much every bell and whistle.  Jon's dad heads out to Montana about the time we are signing the paperwork.  By the way, if anybody is in the car market and finds themselves at Nelson Mazda, PLEASE drop our names and we'll get a discount on our monthly bills.  ;^)  We took the Cooper out to Jon's mom's house to take car of her animals since she got called into work and she also needed to get a cell phone from out there.

December 28th:  Layla (My Mazda) evicted Jon's stuff and returned to being my car.  Jon picked up some stuff while I was at work and I came home to these and some Reese's hearts (not pictured - please note):

Awww...:^)


December 29th: The aforementioned Reese's hearts are not pictured because one or both of our dogs ate them on this day.  Jon called the vet and was told that if either of them ate the entire bag, they would be fine.  Turns out nothing ever happened.  I came home this night to dinner made by Jon.  Salmon, asparagus, pasta, and a greek salad.  We also met up with one of his friend's to discuss life insurance (his friend sells it).

December 30th: After work, Jon and I met up with some friends to eat at Genghis Grill, then went to see a friend's Christmas light display.  After this, we went to get pie and then pick up Jon's mom from work.

December 31st: I came home from work and Jon's dad's truck was in our driveway (so I got to see it for the first time).  After some crazy scheduling, Jon's insurance friend came over again and after that we were headed out to Jon's parents' house to pick up his dad to go get his mom from work.  After we picked up Jon's mom, we ate at Village Inn and brought in the New Year in the parking lot and then left immediately (to get as far down the road as possible before the drunkies got out)

And that's how 2011 left.  Not a bad end!

No comments:

Post a Comment