Monday, December 5, 2011

OSU thoughts

So, I had 2 big long posts drawn up about 1) Why I dislike many OSU fans and 2) Why I think OSU not getting #2 in the BCS standings made sense.  I deleted them both.

I dislike many OSU fans for the same reason that many people dislike OU fans.  So, I don't need to list them out.  From my view, some OSU fans are the rudest fans I've ever seen/heard.  It is very hard to separate them from the rest of the OSU fanbase, but I try.  I really do.

Now, instead of listing all of my reasons for why I don't think OSU should have been #2, I will simply say that I don't think they would have been able to beat LSU.  LSU is too consistent - too good.  OSU is just not a consistent team.  (Neither is OU...I can hear you thinking it, so I'll just beat you to the punch...)  They have their good weeks and their bad weeks and I don't think that would cut it with LSU.  In my opinion, Alabama is the only one that has a chance to beat them.  Have they already played this season?  Duh.  Did they win their conference title?  No.  But do you think they are going to get obliterated by LSU?  No.  Lose?  Maybe.  But possibly get banished from the face of the earth?  No.  OSU would have had that possibility.  You can't argue that.  I guess the only sound argument in this case is that we'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment