Thursday: I made an appointment at Mazda to get Layla a 100,000 mile tuneup since we were going to Edmond for Shelby's wedding reception over the weekend. I dropped it off over during my lunch break and after a painful hour of explaining exactly what Jon and I wanted done, I came back to work. The courtesy shuttle guy (Nicknamed "Pops"....) that brought me back informed me that his last run of the day was going to be 3:30, so he'd have to pick me up them, along with another girl near the mall (right by where I work). That's neat because the guy I talked to at Mazda about getting my car done had just told me he would "try" to get it done by close (6:00), to which I replied that he'd better because that's our only car....This is also the week that my coworker and I are changing up our schedules a bit and having me close on Fridays so she can have a day off. This means I've had to really be keeping a close eye on my times and coordinating with my husband's class schedule. ANYWAY, I'm back at work and 3:30 is approaching. I haven't received a call about the shuttle coming yet. 3:30 is here. No shuttle, no phone call. 3:35 rolls around...I call Mazda. They inform me that they are nearly done and they would have "Pops" come get me and put me on the phone with him. I told him that I just thought he said he was going to have to pick me up at 3:30, but if he doesn't have to, I can wait. He mentions that he was just in the area picking up another woman and wishes he would have known to pick me up, too. .....?!?!..... Whatever...he picks me up (I'm just glad he remembered where he dropped me off at this point...) and takes me back to the dealership. Layla has been making a weird noise that my husband thought was the alternator and I told them to check it out for me. After paying them A LOT of money, they inform me that the noise is from the idler pulley and give me a quote for $130 for parts and labor. Ummm....no. Jon and I decide to check with O'Reilly's on the way home to see if they have the part and how much it is. Try $20. We get it and decide to put it in later (it's late). After I got my car back, I needed to go by my insurance company and change up some paperwork since I recently changed my car title. I walk in and wait about 15 minutes before anyone can even talk to me (which was fine...I was a walk-in...). Finally, I go in and start to tell the lady all the information that needed to change and she learns that the internet site she usually uses to make changes is down. So, she calls the phone number and gets a busy signal. Fabulous. She fills out a paper form for the most important changes, but she won't be able to do all of them. I get her business card and am told to call her the next day. Back to work. After spending so much money at the dealership and after hours of searching the internet for fun things to do in OKC (and coming up lacking...) and after hearing that my brother was going to my mom's (meaning his recently dog-attacked dog would be there - so I couldn't leave our dog-attacked dog there...ALSO that the one other person I know in the OKC area wouldn't be home while we were there...), I decided that our fun stay-overnight trip should just be reduced to going to the reception and then home.
Friday: I get to work around 9am and am prepared to work a 10.5 hour day to makeup for Thursdays lack of time due to the car. Oh, and I will be all by my lonesome. A little before 10am, when we OPEN, a gaggle of people starts to trickle in the side door. They ask where the meeting is being held. Ummm...what meeting??? I look on both our paper calendar and our Outlook calendar and we don't have a group coming in today. Luckily, after our store manager and I put some tables up for them and straighten some chairs and the kitchen, they have their shindig. Whew...that was a close one. After they finished their meeting, the main person came over and we put the rest of their dates on the calendar. After that, it was a painfully slow day. Then we hit the time when students were about to come in. A teacher that usually doesn't come to South was starting again with a new student. The teacher was not there 10 minutes before the lesson (like they all are supposed to be), but neither was the student, so I didn't start to panic yet. Then the student showed up 3 minutes before the lesson and the teacher was still not there. So I called the teacher. No answer. GREAT. I get to try to explain all of this to a student and parent who hardly speak English. I let them know the teacher isn't there yet and may have forgotten that the student started today. Finally the teacher calls me back and comes in 10 minutes late for the lesson...with a couple of siblings. After this, a student shows up before a teacher again, so I call to make sure the teacher is coming. "Ummm...no? I told Kim that I would be gone today and tomorrow." Actually, it was me who began this conversation with this teacher and it never was finished. I was only told the teacher would be gone Saturday. I then get to inform another student that their teacher won't be here. I have a sub ready by luck, but the student chooses not to have the sub upon hearing who it is. Strange, he's never had a sub at all, why would he not want a particular sub? This leads me to believe that this teacher is bad-mouthing another one of our teachers. Charming thought, but I don't have time to research this any further. The not coming teacher has another student after this one that hasn't been showing and is actually cancelled after today's lesson. I get another teacher ready to sub, but inform that teacher that this student probably won't show. Well, guess who shows up! Yep...another awesome miracle today. After a STELLAR day, Jon and I get home and he begins to switch out the idler pulley. He comes to bed at about 1:30 am, frustrated that he can't get the serpentine belt back on. Without the belt on, the car cannot be started. We go to sleep and plan to wake up relatively early to get the belt on and to head to OKC. ...
Saturday: I have help from a couple of furry creatures waking up pretty early and decide to take the dogs to a dog wash before we head to OKC. This will A) clean them...they haven't had a bath in months and B) hopefully tire them out so they aren't bouncing off the walls while we are gone. My mother-in-law and I take the dogs and do that with a few other errands. On the way home, we swing by O'Reilly's and pick up a tool to help put the serpentine belt back on. After several hours and numerous unsuccessful attempts, it was determined that the tool was not useful and it couldn't be done with the means that we had. So...
Layla had her first tow truck ride.
Sunday: Today is our actual wedding anniversary, so we wanted to celebrate. We began by sleeping in (words cannot EXPRESS how much of a gift this is!!!!!) and then slowly waking up with no plans in stone yet. Jon's parents went to church and returned around noon or noon-thirty, about when Jon got up. We were eating when they got home, so they decided to go out to eat. It was decided that Jon would go with them and pick the car up. After they left, I still felt pretty tired, so I decided to try to go back to bed. When I was asleep, Jon sent me a text message: "I appareantly picked up an extra passenger, and had to turn around and take him back... I am on my way home now," complete with picture:
Interesting.... I go back to sleep. Jon gets home and gives me some bad news from our mechanic - He let Jon listen and the alternator is starting to go out. So, we'll have to keep an eye on that as well. Whatever...I can't deal with this today, let's deal with this later... Moving on...We decide to go to Fox and Hound for food before we went to see "Inception." I wasn't impressed when I saw previews, but we did keep hearing rave reviews and it was the best drama/suspense/action in theaters now. Food was good, but service was mediocre and then we were on to the show. Probably could have done without seeing one of Jon's exes who now works there, but we're adults, so it happens....whatever. (Plus it kinda helped to see her about 6 months pregnant and lacking a shiny ring on her hand...I'm terrible...I know...:roll:) In the theater, Jon and I recommitted ourselves to hating the general public because of the family that sat down behind us after we were there first. First thing I heard from them, "Hey, ___...is that a beef jerky in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" to which the reply was, "It's always just a beef jerky, DAD, because I'm never happy to see you!" Umm... the kid was literally like 12. Parents of the Year. And I personally had to keep myself for jumping down the mom's throat who kept complaining about there being no leg room like Jon and I customized those chairs to lean back further than all the other chairs in the IMAX. ?!?! Whatever...anyway....Jon really liked the movie, but I felt like there were a lot of loose ends/fallacies throughout. Either way, it was good to have seen it, so now we can be part of people's conversations.
Monday: Labor Day! I vacuumed out Mary's car and built a new corgi, while Jon washed doggy nose prints off the windows. We hung out at the house all day and made a brief exit for pizza and ice cream. Getting back to normal. This extended weekend has been eventful and I wanted to document it and also be able to direct everyone to it so I don't have to tell the story over and over.
THE END ...And if you made it this far, you must really want to know all about us. Thanks!
-Mrs. Kreilaus
No comments:
Post a Comment