So, Best Buy kinda sucks and AT&T kinda rocks. At least, this is their status as of recently. Jon has been wanting to get an iPhone since they first came out, but especially more these last few months because his Motorola Q9 has been on the fritz. While in Best Buy, he asked them if his phone was ready to be upgraded. They came up with a date of October 9th and told him he couldn't have an upgrade (iPhone) until then. He was a little confused as to why he couldn't upgrade slightly early, but didn't push the issue. This is the day I met netbooks. Jon and I had been discussing schedules and we determined the only solution would be him doing his thing and me having to work my schedule to accommodate. This means, I would need something to entertain myself/something productive to do. Enter Samsung netbook, which initially caught my eye. I guess I'm just partial to Samsung after the last 2 phones I've had have really performed well for me.
Blah blah blah....I did a lot, a lot, a lot of research and determined that I wanted one. Badly. I read the reviews, I felt ready to make the purchase and upgrade (downgrade?) my life. We go into town. I go into Best Buy and investigate one more time. I'm ready. The salespeople get me my magic box after I ask a few questions and then I'm ready to check out. I should point out that one of the questions I asked was if Windows 7 Starter was the watered down version of Windows 7 Home Edition. The answer I got was "no". I start to check out and I am told that Word and Excel are only trial versions on my netbook, so I'm going to need to pay $100 to get the real versions. Say WHAT!??! I am also told that if I buy the real version today, it will be $50 cheaper than it usually costs to buy it. I figure, "Fine. Let's do this, but I definitely won't open it until I know for sure." I buy my items after feeling a little rushed and after adding a case, for my netbook Jon and I are out the door. He decides to stop by AT&T and see if he can get his iPhone yet. He leaves me in the car to play with my new toy and he goes in. 10 minutes later, I figure out that he's not just talking about the weather to an associate. He comes back out with his new iPhone and is as giddy as can be.
I don't remember when I figured it out, but I did learn that Windows 7 Starter IS a watered down version of Windows 7 (Ummm...I can't even change my desktop picture!!! I'm pretty sure you've been able to do that since Windows 95!!!!!!!!!!) and when I opened up Excel for the first time, I was specifically informed that it was NOT a trial version, but it did have ads and stuff on it. That upset me pretty greatly because I basically just paid $100 for PowerPoint....for a NETbook that has a miniscule amount of storage space...NOT cool. I go to return and after several people basically call me a liar to my face, they take the stupid $100 access code card back (Most netbooks don't have CD drives, so I was literally returning a piece of cardboard with some numbers on it...wow...).
Now, I still would have gotten my netbook if I had known that Windows 7 Starter is a watered down version of the Home edition and that Word and Excel were going to have ads on them. The point is, I specifically asked POINT BLANK and was basically lied to because they didn't really know. If you don't really know, tell me you'll look into that or that all netbooks are different, but don't lie to me. Or even put yourself in a position to POTENTIALLY lie to me. Not a fan. Oh, and thanks for smoking crack and telling my husband that he had to wait another month before he could get his phone. Shame on you, Best Buy. Shame.
Also, I was going to add pictures of our new toys, but I don't seem to have those pictures on the computer. Shame again! Argh!
-Mrs. Kreilaus
No comments:
Post a Comment