Saturday, August 28, 2010

WOW.

So, my head is about to explode. Today, I just got my first use-anywhere credit card in the mail. I've had store credit cards, but they don't seem the same to me. I feel like I well-researched all of our options and chose the relatively best choice (We chose Discover because of the numbers, but I know that Discover is not accepted everywhere...). This came about after a recent event where we learned that we NEED a credit card for emergency situations. (I've always thought it was incredibly rude of vets to have a "pay all, right now" policy, seeing as they are in the life-and-death business...) I was raised with a "cash only" mentality and interest charges upset me greatly. However, I see that sometimes things need to purchased right away. And if you don't have the money hulled up somewhere, you need to get if from somewhere.


This also kinda ties in with a new school of thought I had: So many of my friends are getting married and having babies and I've had to tell nearly all of them that I couldn't join in ceremonies, bridal showers, baby showers, etc. because of a tight money situation. I recently had the realization that I've been saying this for years and if I don't start doing something about it, I will be visiting friends I knew as single and sailor-mouthed who now have 6 children and won't say the word "butt" in front of the children. This is NOT okay! I only have this one life to live and enjoy! Not to say I'm going to go buy my dream car and travel the world tomorrow (especially on my credit limit...hahahaha), but maybe my first airplane ride is due... Maybe I'll go to my friend's baby shower so I can say that I saw her pregnant. Maybe I'll babysit my best friend's baby and let her and husband go celebrate their 4th wedding anniversary. Maybe my husband and I will celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary in a different city.


I found out a few more of my friends are pregnant...one of which I just found out today and am really excited for her because she didn't think she could even have kids! I'd elaborate more, but I don't think it's fully public domain yet (even though I found out through Facebook...ha).


Today is my mother-in-law's birthday and just so happens to be the day we got our marriage license last year. I knew our anniversary was coming up, but now it's less than 10 days away! I'm starting to remember what these days felt like last year and I kinda feel butterfly-ey again. Aww...and now I just remember getting Brent and Lyndsey's wedding license with them...that's fun!


Oh, and for anyone who didn't know and wants to, I guess we had some dog excitement a week and a half ago. Walker (my parents-in-law's dog) and Lyka got into a teeth match and Lyka lost. She had a few holes in her from teeth and we took her to the vet just to make sure of how to patch her up, or if we even needed to. She got all her owies shaved (they had to FULLY SEDATE her...we were a little miffed about that...not sure how they came to that conclusion) and told us to take our drunk dog home (she was still WAY out of it when we took her home) and Lyka would heal herself up the best. Thanks. So glad we paid you to shave our dog and tell us that Lyka is the master of her own fate. At least they gave us antibiotic and powerful painkillers for her. They probably could have warned us that waking up out of anethesia is one hell of a trip, though. Maybe I would have been prepared to wake up every 15-30 minutes from 2am - 6am that night. With all of this said, I've NEVER found a vet that I like and I've pretty much just accepted this, but if anyone actually has a vet they like, please let me know. Well, if you live near me. A good vet in California is pretty useless to me. :^) Thanks!

This is how Lyka looks right now and Phaux demostrating how she's supposed to look. (Okay, really he's just jealous about the attention she was getting, so I took a picture of him, too.):




And there was a true blue update on the Kreilauses!


-Mrs. Kreilaus

No comments:

Post a Comment